WHAT IS INQUIRY?
- Inquiry, officially, is the act of asking for information or an investigation which we do through the process of questioning. Questions can be broad and for many of them, there is no definite answer but instead an infinite amount of solutions can be found to these inquiries.
- Exploration of these inquiries could take paths that lead to larger discussion, and more often than not, to much broader questions that may be circulating. Inquiry just opens up to more discussion on the subject matter because once the question is asked, there are endless possibilities.
WHAT IS INQUIRY BASED LEARNING?
- . By definition, Inquiry-Based learning is the process through questions that generate from the interests, curiosities, and perspectives/experiences of the learner.
WHO USES INQUIRY BASED LEARNING?
- The technique of inquiry based learning is commonly found in fields of science and history. Chemistry poses many questions about the understanding of how things work such as solutions while history continuously uses questions to also come to a much deeper understanding of what has happened previously.
DOES EVERYONE AGREE ON WHAT AN INQUIRY AND INQUIRY BASED LEARNING IS?
- Almost every single field of study uses IBL as a learning style but there are a few out there who disagree with the style. Criticisms of the usage of IBL question in which ways its usage is most effective in guiding students throughout their learning experience and process. This technique pushes students to find their own answers to questions which can cause great difficulty.